1. CEU: Wisconsin Continuing Education requirements are located in Chapter 3 of the WI OT Regulations.

2. Supervision:  This is in chapter 4 of the administrative code for WI. Published under s. 35.93, Wis. Stats., by the Legislative Reference Bureau.

3. License:  Currently, WOTA does not process the Wisconsin licenses. The Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS) does that. You will have to ask them if someone is licensed or not. For delayed licenses, you will have to direct questions/concerns to the DSPS or the state legislators that serve the facility.

4. Supervision and Modalities:  Contact the OT Credentialing Board for clarification as they are responsible for our practice act.  OTA should be trained and be supervised by an OT trained in any modality they are using.

5. Do I need CEU’s approved by WOTA?  Under our state practice act, continuing ed does not have to be approved by WOTA. They would just need a certificate of attendance.

6 NBCOT:  You do not need to maintain NBCOT certification to practice in the state. Just make sure that your employer does not require it. And yes, you'll need to drop the 'R'.  (This may change if you would like to join an OT Compact--we are still waiting for the rules of the compact for more information) 

Wisconsin Occupational Therapy Association
16 N. Carroll St., Suite 600
Madison, WI 53703

© Copyright 2024 Wisconsin Occupational Therapy Association. All rights reserved.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software